Director of Fund Development and Communications
- Fecha de publicación: 19 de Abril de 2017
- Fecha de finalización: 28 de Mayo de 2017
- Lugar: Casablanca, Morocco
- Organizacion: SOS Children’s Villages International
Post Title: Director of Fund Development and Communications
Direct supervisor: International Director Region
Functional supervisor: International Director of Fund Development
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Annual Salary: Competitive for the sector with relocation included
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for over 130 SOS Children’s Villages associations worldwide. As a non-governmental social development organisation we help children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education and health. Although SOS Children’s Villages was established in 1949, it was not until 1968 that the first SOS Children's Village opened its doors in Palestine. This was followed by Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Sudan in the mid-1970s. Today SOS Children’s Villages exists in 25 locations across nine countries in the Middle East and North Africa including: Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, Tunisia, and Morocco.
A variety of programmes run throughout the region including the traditional villages, family strengthening programmes, vocational training programmes and emergency programmes. Alongside local agencies, our organization has been working directly with families and communities to empower them to effectively protect and care for their children and young people. Our services enabled us to reach approximately 16,000 children and families across the region.
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting time to join SOS Children´s Villages our fundraising capacity in the region is growing and we are now actively raising funds for children and young people in nine countries. This role will give a talented individual the opportunity to shape make this role their own working for the first INGO to launch face to face in the region. The incumbent will build regional and national fundraising and communications capacity across the region by providing strategic drive and guidance, targeted technical support and clear operating frameworks. In particular, the individual will drive net income growth development, increase the number of committed givers and corporate partners in the region and continue to diversify income streams.
- Provide senior level consultancy to countries of the region in the field of fundraising and communications.
- Promote, initiate and consult on use of new products/channels- in line with global product portfolio- in order to enable further growth.
- Ensure implementation of global and regional policies, standards and guidelines and monitor their correct application across the region.
- Drive implementation in the region of fund development and communications of globally agreed objectives and actions.
- Coordinate the development of regional fund development support plans and reports ensuring alignment with the organization’s global strategic plan and regional priorities.
- Monitor fundraising and communications activities based on agreed strategic plans.
- In collaboration with International Office Communications, through the supervision of Regional Communications Advisor, ensure support to Promoting and Supporting Associations (PSA) - (fundraising markets) in the development and execution of external communication programmes by providing timed and good quality information from the field.
- Supervise and coordinate crisis and emergency communications for the region.
- Drive and support cross-national/regional corporate partnerships.
- Ensure support to key-National Associations (NA).
Capacity development in member associations
- Guide, support and coach SOS organizations within the region to enable them to assess market potential in their country, to develop their fundraising and communications strategy, to increase monitoring and analysis capacity and ultimately to fulfil plans.
- Develop capacity-building activities, train and orient current - and newly - employed fundraisers on a regular basis.
- Support countries in developing and evaluating fundraising and communications plans and budgets.
- Provide direct technical support and monitoring to facilitate accomplishment of agreed fundraising plans, including conducting support visits to regions/countries as necessary.
- Assist with recruitment and orientation of senior fundraising and communications staff in national fundraising offices.
- Promote, guide and support a Regional Network of Fundraising and Communications experts and actively work together.
- Monitor and keep abreast of competition and fundraising trends in the region providing latest information and knowledge to regional network and actively steering and supporting cross-regional knowledge-sharing fundraising and communications actions.
- Manage regional fundraising and communications team.
People management responsibility
- Lead the team of co-workers in the function in the region, managing the performance and ensuring development of direct reports.
- As regional representative in the Function Management Team he/she brings in the regional view, fostering at the same time what is best for the entire organization (he/she wears a regional and global hat).
- Liaise closely with other functions at the regional level in order to guarantee adherence to organizational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible.
- As Function´s representative in the Regional Management Team he/she brings in the expert function view, striving for a customer /service focussed cross-functional cooperation.
- Participate in sectorial networks to promote and advocate for fund development issues in target countries.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising with at least two years at management level, coupled with a demonstrable track record.
- Proven leadership in a multi-cultural context, and ability to work in a networked organisation, influencing others through ‘soft power’.
- Experience in line management of fundraising team.
- Ideally will have worked in a networked international organisation with a role in the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Deep understanding of, and capability in all areas of fundraising from the private sector including mass market (high volume donor acquisition and development and legacies), and high value and strategic partnerships (including corporate, major donors and trusts and foundations) with ability to engage with senior fundraisers at a national level providing strategic inputs to help them drive growth across all areas of income.
- Demonstrable experience in the areas of budgeting and investment as well as market research and business intelligence.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the gravitas to inspire and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to think creatively and strategically, overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress.
- Commitment to SOS Children´s Villages values and ways of working.
- Fluent English required and French and Arabic desired.
A full applicant’s pack is available upon request at the email address below. To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to Zoe Oldham firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put "SOS – Director of Fund Dev & Comms MENA” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 28th May 2017 18.00 GMT