- Fecha de publicación: 19 de Abril de 2017
- Fecha de finalización: 21 de Mayo de 2017
- Lugar: Paris, London, Berlin and Madrid
- Organizacion: Action Against Hunger
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and work with their communities before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and build prosperous communities. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
ACTION AGAINST HUNGER DEVELOPMENT
In 2012, Action Against Hunger International created an international fundraising entity called Action Against Hunger Development, to invest in raising private income for the Action Against Hunger network, with a particular focus on unrestricted income.
We are looking for a Managing Director for Action Against Hunger Development, who will lead the development of fundraising strategies for Action Against Hunger in new countries, champion best practice in fundraising in the Action Against Hunger international network and run all financial, administrative and support functions of Action Against Hunger Development. The Managing Director will recruit and build a team to support him/her.
- To lead and support the development of successful fundraising strategies for Action Against Hunger in Germany, Italy and India and provide strategic guidance to respond to opportunities and challenges.
- To monitor performance and provide fundraising advice to staff in those entities.
- To provide strategic fundraising advice to Action Against Hunger International based on familiarity with the performance of private fundraising across the network.
- To enforce and control all administrative, legal and financial processes of Action Against Hunger Development to ensure that all legal, budget and financial obligations are met.
- To report on the performance of fundraising investments to Action Against Hunger International’s Board.
- To support Action Against Hunger’s existing HQs with loans or other tools in order to reinforce their fundraising strategies.
- To work with Action Against Hunger’s fundraising staff globally to promote best practice, build centres of excellence and provide fundraising capacity building where required, so that Action Against Hunger Development becomes a well-used “hub” of fundraising knowledge and expertise for the network.
- To be part of the International Fundraising Management Group to co-ordinate joint work and share experience.
- To study new potential fundraising markets and advise Action Against Hunger’s international’s Board on investment in new countries.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years’ experience in private fundraising leadership, ideally in more than one country.
- Up-to-date knowledge of fundraising in an international context.
- Strong analytical skills; experience of developing and managing budgets/strategies.
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment and with a range of stakeholders at all levels, from junior officers to Board Members and across all departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in English essential).
- Experience in managing, coaching and mentoring staff from a distance.
- Strong sense of leadership.
- Proactive and autonomous.
- The new Managing Director of Action Against Hunger Development should be passionate about ending global hunger.
This position will report to the Secretary General of Action Against Hunger Development and the Chairperson of Action Against Hunger International.
The following Action Against Hunger HQ locations will be considered: Paris, London, Berlin and Madrid.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPLY: How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role along with your CV/resume in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY and in MS Word or PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put "ACFDEV – Managing Director” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, May 21st , 2017, 18.00 GMT